Technology Counts 2017: Classroom Tech: Where Schools Stand
This report, the 20th edition of Technology Counts, examines how schools are tackling tech training for teachers, "passive" vs. "active" use of digital tools, and online learning needs.
Mindset in the Classroom: A National Study of K-12 Teachers
This report presents findings from an original Education Week Research Center survey, which was designed to examine teachers' perspectives, professional development and training, and classroom practices related to growth mindset.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
The Education Week Research Center is a division of Editorial Projects in Education, the non-profit organization that publishes Education Week. With a staff of full-time researchers, the Research Center conducts original surveys and in-depth data analyses informing news coverage, as well as independent, unbiased research projects for outside organizations on a grant or contract basis. More >
The Education Week Research Center offers customized K-12 data to help you and your organization navigate the education landscape. Our research provides insight into the conditions and trends shaping the marketplace for education-related products and services. Deliverables for our clients may include surveys, reports, webinars, and white papers. More >
Our research team analyzes national data and drills down to the state or local level. Areas of expertise include: American Community Survey, Common Core of Data, Civil Rights Data Collection, original sample surveys, and school finance. More >
The Research Center teams with Education Week reporters and editors to produce high-profile, data-driven journalism.
- Students' Sense of Belonging at School Is Important. It Starts With Teachers
- Amazon, Apple, Google, and Microsoft Battle for K-12 Market, and Loyalties of Educators
- Survey: Teachers Talk Politics to Students, Despite Divisive Atmosphere
- Hidden Inequities: An Education Week Analysis
- Policing America's Schools: An Education Week Analysis
- Teachers Say They Know More About the Common Core, But Challenges Linger
- A Virtual Mess: Inside Colorado's Largest Online Charter School
- Teachers Seize On 'Growth Mindset,' But Crave More Training
- A Persistent Practice: Corporal Punishment in U.S. Schools
- 1 in 4 Teachers Miss 10 or More School Days, Analysis Finds
- Data and the Debate Over Diversity in Charters
- Survey: Student Success Calls for More Than Academic Skills
- Teachers Say They Are Not Well-Prepared for Common Core
The Education Counts database contains hundreds of state-level K-12 education indicators, many spanning multiple years.